Saturday, March 04, 2006

March-Repairing Severe Damage


In January we showed how to make a simple one piece repair. In February I showed how to fake a repair. This month, I want to show a technique to repair a window which has been destroyed.

Ed Sibbet is one of the very few book designers who creates designs which can be built as drawn and has great perspective.
The Gemini Girl was the first design that I ever built. I built a second copy of it after the first was damaged in a house fire. I spent 2 or 3 months building a custom oak frame in college. So it was very painful when the panel was knocked from it's hook and shattered into many pieces. Rebuilding it was out of the question, nearly every piece was damaged. It would have been easier to build a new one rather than using traditional repair techniques.

Read the whole article with pictures by clicking the title above.

No comments: