Saturday, March 23, 2013
Shop tables are a little cluttered in this photo, but just because we're building a new woman of faith panel.
Now the shelves are painted, so is the scrap glass rack, and we added black bins for storage and a new filing cabinet to replace some that were breaking up. I finally covered the electric outlets that were just bare bulbs with new lamp shades that work well. The studio has a clean, warm feel to it. (Not shown is the drywall repair to a ceiling area that leaked before the new shingles went on and the painted underside of ceiling storage racks that really makes things look finished).
Monday, March 04, 2013
We went last Tuesday and put the two corner panels in place. You cane see all the panels as Christopher and I install molding around each of the panels.
This is new for us, we've never installed molding before. Usually the client who may need molding has a carpenter on site, but in this case, Fred depended on us for the entire installation. I picked up 1-1/2" x 3/4" wood strips at Home Depot and stained them several days before the install. There was one place where one of the panels had slid down from their original placement before the caulking dried, so we added an extra strip of molding to fully cover the gap and it looked just like we wanted it, perfect!
We started building the stained glass back in June, so total time on the project was 9 months, but we did have to take time in between panels to complete other work.