Monday, July 18, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some

We built a cardinal and sent it to Connecticut, Stonington, the place we went on vacation several years ago. In my mind when the project was described to me, I imagined it to be about 2 feet in diameter, so I shot the client a price of $500 plus shipping which might be $50. He answered back that he could go $550 but no more, so we went ahead and started on the piece once we received 50% down.

But I really blew it on the size. It was closer to three feet in diameter, so twice as much glass as I had envisioned and the cost of shipping was $200. I was just glad they would ship it UPS. It also took more like two weeks to build it rather than one so it should have cost more. So like I said, "you win some and you lose some." But it was a pleasant experience creating the bird and should give the client years of enjoyment.

1 comment:

Decorative Glass said...

I am really very impressed with your blog. I like to see your work. It is very creative. I feel very glad to know about your pleasant experience. I really enjoyed it.
Stained Glass